I'm Robb Knight and this is
my digital garden the Intersect. Everything I know. Mostly.
Quick Start #
- Press / to open the search and search the whole site
- Want to just search links? Start you search with
l(that's a lowercase "L")
- Expanded Readme for installation and setup
- View the source on GitHub
What Is This? #
To quote Nikita Volodoev directly from their wiki:
This is my personal wiki where I share everything I know about this world in form of an online GitBook hosted on GitHub.
I stumbled across Nikita's wiki while looking for Alfred Workflows and thought it was a great idea. I'd been toying with the idea of making a Tumblr-like blog for little snippets and ideas that don't deserve a full blog post but it always seemed overkill. To update that quote to better reflect my setup:
Each page is a file and each file follows a similar structure:
- The title of the page
- Introduction/quick thought about the topic
- Subheading for each section with details
- Interesting links related to the topic
Gitbook is the obvious choice for something like this and there are bunch of other options as well. I wanted full control of how it looked, the layout of pages, and more so I rolled my own. To quote myself:
Internet: There are many existing solutions for this
Me, a developer and also an idiot: but what if built my own solution instead
The meta pages have more details on the setup.